Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Global Well-Being Reimbursement is one more way Johnson & Johnson cares about and invests in your well-being, so that you can be your personal best no matter where you are: at work, at home or on the go.
Program Information and Eligibility
What happened to the Global Exercise Reimbursement program?
Global Exercise Reimbursement has expanded to cover nutrition. At Johnson & Johnson, we believe total health goes beyond physical health. To align with this belief, we are changing the name of Global Exercise Reimbursement to Global Well-Being Reimbursement to better represent our perspective on and support of employees’ total well-being through the variety of activities available: exercise, mindfulness and now nutrition.
What is Global Well-Being Reimbursement (GWR)?
As part of our mission to become the healthiest workforce, we’re providing employees with flexible support and resources that meet their individual journeys. Johnson & Johnson Global Well-Being Reimbursement offers full- and part-time employees up to $400* USD per year (less appropriate taxes) to personalize and prioritize their well-being, inclusive of exercise, mindfulness, and nutrition. *Adjusted to reflect relative cost of living.
All active full- and part-time Johnson & Johnson employees are eligible. Individuals working at Johnson & Johnson as interns, co-ops, contractors, or third-party employees are not eligible.
I’m a new employee. When can I participate?
J&J employees are eligible on their first day of hire. However, it may take up to four weeks to be able to access the vendor’s system to complete all necessary steps.
Is my family eligible to participate?
No, only J&J full time and part time employees are eligible to participate.
Is Husk Wellness also GlobalFit?
Yes, GlobalFit has rebranded to Husk Wellness. You will not be impacted with this change. URLs, etc are being worked on with the appropriate experts.
See other frequently asked questions at the end of document
Accessing Global Well-Being Reimbursement
Where can I access Global Well-Being Reimbursement?
You can also access directly via http://hr.jnj.com/gwr .
How do I register?
Set up your account by selecting the “Sign In” button on your reimbursement landing page http://hr.jnj.com/gwr . Enter your WWID and network password to create an account or log in to an existing account. Once this is complete, you will be able to submit your request for reimbursement.
When can I register? Is there a limited window or can I register at any time?
You can register at any time.
What activities are eligible for reimbursement?
The following activities are eligible for reimbursement with required proof of payment and/or proof of participation:
1. Healthy Movement
· Fitness Center Membership Fees: Fitness center, health club, studio, aquatic and tennis center membership, and organized exercise program fees. Proof of purchase and proof of a minimum of 8 visits are required to earn reimbursement.
· Group Exercise Class Fees: Exercise classes that are not included in a fitness center membership and are led by certified instructors. Examples: yoga, Pilates, dance, boxing, self-defense, strength-training, core conditioning, indoor cycling, boot camp, water aerobics, etc. Proof of purchase and proof of attendance for a minimum of 8 classes are required to earn reimbursement.
· Personal Training Sessions: The personal trainer must be certified by a nationally recognized accredited organization. Proof of purchase and proof of attendance for a minimum of 8 personal training sessions are required to earn reimbursement.
· Organized Activities, Leagues, and Races: This may include, but is not limited to, entry fees for organized walks/runs/rides (5K, 10K, marathon, etc.) and fees to participate in organized leagues (e.g. softball, bowling, basketball, soccer, tennis, golf). Proof of purchase for an eligible expense is required for reimbursement.
· Virtual Exercise Subscriptions: Examples include Peloton and Beach Body on Demand. Proof of purchase and proof of participation in the form of screenshots showing completion of your virtual workout for a minimum of 8 sessions is required to earn reimbursement.
· Home Gym Equipment: Exercise equipment purchased for at-home fitness activities are eligible for reimbursement. Options are limited to cardiovascular, strength and flexibility at home gym equipment. Examples of eligible expenses include, treadmills, ellipticals, indoor bikes, rowing machines, stability balls, free weights, medicine balls, exercise bands, exercise mats, gliders, kettlebells, jump ropes, suspension trainers, weight benches, weight plates and activity trackers. Proof of purchase for an eligible expense is required for reimbursement.
2. Healthy Mind
· Virtual Mindfulness Subscriptions: Examples include Calm or Headspace. Proof of purchase and proof of participation in the form of screenshots showing completion of your virtual activities for a minimum of 8 uses are required to earn reimbursement.
3. Healthy Eating
· Nutrition Counseling1, either done in person or virtually, with a health professional that has special training in nutrition (e.g., Registered Dietitian; Nutritionist). This expert can educate and help an individual set priorities, establish goals, and create personalized action plans to make healthier food choices and form healthy eating habits. Proof of purchase and participation in 2 sessions per quarter required for reimbursement.
1 Verify if you have nutrition sessions through your local health plan. Additional sessions may be reimbursed through Global Well-Being Reimbursement.
* If you have already paid for the health plan nutrition counseling, GWR will not be eligible, only additional nutrition sessions.
· Cooking Classes taken in person or virtually, to learn better ways to prepare meals. Training in an in-person setting with functional kitchen or virtual format using in-home kitchen. Includes education around food preparation and hands-on demonstration/instruction. Proof of purchase and participation (description of a meal from class) required for reimbursement.
· Virtual Nutrition Subscriptions with nutrition programs such as Weight Watchers, Lumen, Noom. Healthy eating education and support for behavior change through an app or web format. Includes evidenced-based instruction with opportunity for users to engage in a practical way through activities, tracking, and/or viewing content. Proof of purchase and proof of participation in 8 uses/activities in the form of screenshot required for reimbursement.
· Fruits, Vegetables, Healthy Snacks purchased through CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), Farm Share programs, local fruit and vegetable stands, health food stores, grocery stores and wholesale clubs. Includes healthy snack boxes (i.e., Graze). Proof of purchase (printed receipt from vendor, credit card charge, or electronic payment i.e., Venmo, Cashapp, etc to vendor’s business account) and proof of participation (description of purchased vegetables, fruits, healthy snacks) required for reimbursement.
· Healthy Meal Subscriptions, purchase of meal kits which provide healthier choices; ready for home cooking / consumption (e.g., HelloFresh, Freshly, Mindful Chef, Gousto, Sodexo, Compass). Proof of purchase (printed receipt from vendor, credit card charge, or electronic payment i.e., Venmo, Cashapp, etc to vendor’s business account) and proof of participation (description of purchased healthy meal delivery box) required for reimbursement.
What documentation is needed to process my reimbursement?
You will be asked to submit a receipt or other verifiable form of documentation from the organization sponsoring the activity as proof of purchase. In addition, Johnson & Johnson may require that you utilize your chosen activity a minimum number of times per quarter. To provide proof of your visits, you can for example:
· Upload a screenshot or scan of a check-in log, used class pass/punch card or attendance log.
· Use the geo-access feature. If you are within 500 feet / 152.4 meters of your facility, log onto http://hr.jnj.com/gwr and check in with your mobile device.
Where do I submit my information for reimbursement?
All supporting documentation for your request can be uploaded through your reimbursement account, which can be accessed by visiting http://hr.jnj.com/gwr .
The quarterly requirement for reimbursement is defined strictly as January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December. Submissions can be sent during the quarter + 1 month. Deadlines are for Q1: April 30; Q2: July 31; Q3: October 31; Q4: January 31.
What formats are acceptable when submitting the required documentation for reimbursement?
Supporting documentation can be uploaded in JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or PDF formats, and should not exceed 500KB.
How can I obtain a copy of the reimbursement form that I submitted?
If you need a copy of your reimbursement form, please print the document submission screen for your records.
Make sure your Location Services are set to Allow on the web browser you are using. Make sure you are typing in the full gym name and letting the site search for a few seconds. If you still cannot locate your gym or are seeing gyms in a different location, please try accessing the reimbursement site again on a personal device via http://hr.jnj.com/gwr or through the Castlight app. If your gym still does not populate in the Select Your Gym section, please refer to the Technical Support section of the FAQ for more information.
How and when will I receive my reimbursement?
You will receive your reimbursement through Johnson & Johnson Payroll. You may log into the reimbursement platform to check the status.
After submission, how long does it take for my reimbursement to be processed and appear in my paycheck?
It will take approximately 2 payroll periods for your reimbursement to be received.
Is there anything that might cause delays in receiving my reimbursement?
Providing incorrect or incomplete account information and not meeting payment and/or usage requirements are some factors that might lead to delays or cause your reimbursement to be declined.
If my home gym equipment expense exceeds the quarterly reimbursement maximum, will I need to submit the receipt over multiple quarters?
No, you may submit the entire expense in one submission. You will be approved for your expense, less appropriate taxes, up to your remaining yearly reimbursement maximum in a single request. Please note that if your request meets or exceeds the yearly reimbursement maximum, you will be unable to submit for any other expenses incurred in that year.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum reimbursement?
The maximum reimbursement is up to $100* USD/quarter (i.e., up to $400* USD/year), less appropriate income taxes across all programs.
*Adjusted to reflect relative cost of living.
How will reimbursements work for home gym equipment purchases?
• Home gym equipment purchases made on or after January 1, 2023, are eligible for reimbursement up to $500* USD.
• Employees who purchased and were reimbursed for eligible home gym equipment prior to July 1, 2023, for a purchase in excess of $400, may submit for retroactive reimbursement up to an additional $100* USD by resubmitting the original proof of purchase prior to December 31, 2023, and using the $100* USD reimbursement credit available on the GWR platform.
How will my increase be calculated?
• The process for determining reimbursement amounts remains unchanged. The $100* USD reimbursement credit in 2023 will be added to your approved annual amount in local currency.
Will the increase have any impact on my prior 2023 reimbursements?
• Employees can redeem their $100* USD reimbursement credit retroactively for eligible quarterly or home gym equipment expenses from Q1 and Q2 2023 through the GWR platform. The credit can also be used for eligible expenses in Q3 and Q4 2023.
• Home gym equipment purchases are eligible for reimbursement up to $500* USD effective July 1, 2023. Employees who purchased and were reimbursed for eligible home gym equipment prior to July 1, 2023, for a purchase in excess of $400* USD, may submit for retroactive reimbursement up to an additional $100* USD by resubmitting the original proof of purchase prior to December 31, 2023, and using the $100* USD reimbursement credit available on the GWR platform.
Unused funds can only be rolled over into the next quarter within the calendar year for the reimbursement of home gym equipment.
Why do income taxes have to be taken out?
Reimbursement of the services and/or memberships covered under this program is considered a taxable fringe benefit in most markets. All reimbursements are processed through Johnson & Johnson Payroll and appropriate income taxes are withheld per local market-specific regulations. Consult your tax advisor for additional information.
Purchases of program options that require proof of participation, such as fitness center memberships, personal training sessions, group exercise class fees or virtual subscriptions made in the previous year may be submitted as long as the activity occurs in the current quarter/calendar year. The purchase of home gym equipment must be made in the current year in order to be eligible for reimbursement. A valid proof of purchase must be provided for all expenses.
How do I use the geo-access feature to record my visits?
The geo-access feature allows you to provide proof of visits from your mobile device. Simply log onto http://hr.jnj.com/gwr and click the “check in” button when you are within 500 feet / 152.4 meters of your gym in order to have your activity recorded. When you have reached the minimum 8 visit requirement, you will be prompted to submit reimbursement for that quarter if you choose.
Can I submit more than one request for reimbursement – for example, one for gym membership, then another one for personal training?
Yes. You can submit multiple items up to the reimbursable amount per quarter assuming you have completed the proof of payment and/or proof of participation required. The maximum reimbursement is up to $100* USD/quarter (i.e., up to $400* USD/year), less appropriate income taxes, across all programs.
*Adjusted to reflect relative cost of living.
If I pay for my Membership, Group Exercise, Personal Training or Subscription fees annually, do I still need to submit for reimbursement quarterly?
Yes. Quarterly submission is a requirement of the program provided employees submit proof of payment and participation (i.e., a minimum of 8 visits per quarter) to quality for the quarterly reimbursement.
I have a family membership that covers my spouse/partner and myself. How do I submit reimbursement for my part of the membership?
Families are not eligible for reimbursement, however since many vendors offer family pricing packages, employees can submit the receipt for a family membership while noting the individual cost for their portion of the membership. The individual cost is typically provided when you sign up for a membership and/or in the package detail. The employee must provide proof of purchase and/or proof of participation required to be eligible for reimbursement.
I’m already a member of a gym. Am I eligible to participate?
Yes, regardless of whether you have just joined a gym, or you have been a member for years, all full- and part-time employees are eligible for Global Well-Being Reimbursement.
Will on-site Fitness Centers remain?
Yes, Global Well-Being Reimbursement is offered in addition to on-site Fitness Centers and provides onsite and remote employees with additional, convenient opportunities to incorporate movement into their lives.
There is an on-site Fitness Center at my J&J location. Can I submit for reimbursement for any applicable employee-paid fees (i.e., membership, group exercise*, personal training)?
Yes, all full- or part-time J&J employees are eligible to participate and submit for reimbursement for applicable fees/activities, even if these activities are offered through an on-site J&J Fitness Center.
*J&J locations that provide Group Exercise classes as part of their no cost Fitness Center Memberships would not be eligible for reimbursement.
Can I get reimbursed for fitness equipment I purchase for home-use?
Yes. This is a program enhancement launched in 2020 due to employee feedback and our need to adapt to the broader environment amidst the pandemic. This includes reimbursement for the purchase of cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training equipment that will help you stay physically active from the comfort and safety of your home.
What is not included in home gym equipment reimbursement?
Examples of items that are not covered under this option include, but are not limited to, outdoor bicycles, bicycle accessories, helmets, running shoes, cleats, roller skates, ice skates, skateboards, scooters, recreational equipment such as scuba gear, rollerblades, and exercise apparel. If you are unsure if an item is eligible, please refer to the Technical Support details for your specific market to contact customer support.
With the gyms being closed due to COVID-19, it has not been possible to meet the 8 minimum visits. Is the program making exceptions for this? Our annual membership is paid in full at the beginning of the year.
In order to earn reimbursement, an employee must provide proof of purchase as well as proof of completion for 8 workouts. If your gym is offering virtual classes or resources, you may use screenshots from the workout platform or your Apple HealthKit (iPhone users) or Google Fit (Android users) showing your activity during the time of those virtual workouts as proof of participation. If your chosen service does offer the ability to view completed workouts within their platform, you may simply submit screenshots of the completed workouts directly from there.
Can I be reimbursed for National Park passes?
Yes, under the category of Organized Activities, Leagues, and Races you can enjoy reimbursement for National or Local Park pass fees that provide access to a variety of outdoor physical activities, such as walking, hiking, biking, and more.
Can I be reimbursed for activities that are not related to physical activity?
As part of Global Well-Being Reimbursement, we introduced reimbursement for two mindfulness options – Headspace and Calm. Proof of purchase and proof of participation in the form of screenshots showing completion of your activity for a minimum of 8 sessions is required to earn reimbursement for these virtual subscriptions. Starting in 2023, you may also earn reimbursement for participating in eligible activities that promote healthy eating.
If I have questions or difficulties, who can I contact for support?
For assistance with Global Well-Being Reimbursement, refer to the Technical Support details for your specific market.